Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rainbows Return

Skylight is the name of my house. It is a simple little Bermuda cottage with twin chimneys and skylights in the roof. In the afternoon around two p.m. the light streams through the westward window onto a prism that scatters light into the colour of the rainbow. I understand why Newton became so fascinated by light and prisms,when I see the colours stretching across the wall. The colours got my creative attention so I played around with different settings and times to arrive at one of many abstract pictures. The facet of a piece of crystal split the light into it's component colours but is amazing that visible light is a very narrow range of what is travelling at wavelenght to our little planet from deep space. Hope you enjoy the thought.

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    It has a nice blog.
    Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
    A hug from my country, Portugal

    ReplyDelete